Wednesday, March 30, 2005

String Comparator update..

I finished the Visual Foxpro (VFP) implementation of the new comparator and it's yielding some interesting numbers. It may well be best suited for a particular type of data, as in street addresses as opposed to Company names. I'll be performing some additional runs against our test data set later in the week as I need to get some information back to the rest of the team on where I am with all of this.

In short, I'm extremely happy with what I've found, and implemented so far. What remains is to determine what mix works best for what data groups and work up a process scenario where we can prove out the numbers.

Once that's done, I intend to build some models that will be available on one of the websites listed in my 'links' section. I'll post here when that happens.

As always any of your thoughts or input is welcomed.


No comments: