Monday, July 30, 2007

Now this could get me interested. . .

In electric power!! No, nothing has changed, I still don’t really care about global warming, Al Gore’s “Inconvenient Truth” (which all too convenient for Mr. Gore and far too short on truth for my taste), or alcohol replacing fossil fuels…

I care about horsepower.. raw, unadulterated ass-whoopin horsepower… and this two wheeled rocket has it in spades… This is the kind of stuff that gets a new generation interested in ‘go fast’ stuff.

While the technology is a long way from making it to your driveway… it shows what a few folks, some money (about $13K/year for the racing), a little ingenuity and some elbow grease can get done!

Electric Motorcycle drag strip video...



YouTube Link: KillACycle

Here's a link to their website... http://www.killacycle.com/

I’m really pretty excited over what I’ve read about this stuff.

Here I am, mid-50’s and a died in the wool, gimme cubic inches, and gimme lots of horsepower… fossil fuels… loud, ear splitting V8 thunder and all of that…

Watching this video has me thinking about a whole new plan…

I mean 350 horsepower, from batteries that can be recharged in 5 minutes? I think these folks may just be on to something here.

If they’re not… hell it’s still fun to watch the video!!

Technorati Tags: - - -
-IceRocket Tags: - - -

2 comments:

Greg said...

INDEED!

'course its 5 minutes to charge and 8 seconds to discharge but that is a whoopeee!

I'm still pretty interested in global warming though.

Bill said...

I wonder how long it takes to make the 10 gallons of Nitromethane it takes to push a Top fuel car 1320 feet in 4.6 something seconds. . .

As for the global warming thing my friend... we need a large bottle of Cabernet, a warm fire and lots of time... hell if we had a second bottle, a laptop and VFP9 we could probably reverse it!